Monday, April 20, 2009

New Look...

Welcome to the new look for our blog. I had been using a "The Cutest Little Blog on the Block" background, which I liked, but I was ready for a change. I decided to try my hand at designing my own background with a little help from TCBOTB's Blog Secrets and "How to Design Your Own Background" article that walks you through the process step by step. I used Microsoft Publisher to build the background. I uploaded digital scrapbook designs and papers from a several sites (Shabby Princess, Scrap Girls, Scrapbook-Elements to name a few). There are several places you can do this for free, but I also found a few sights that were reasonably priced. After I was through designing the background, I used Photbucket to store my picture, then imported it into my blog using the editing features.

After three days of much frustration, figuring out how the programs worked, and tweaking of several different designs (at least 5 different ones, maybe more), I finally finshed. It was fun to actually do something artistic again. I hope you like the new design. If you don't, so what. I like it. ;-)

2 comments:

Vince said...

Thanks Robin! I love the look on your page! I need to spruce mine up, so you'll need to show me how you did it. Does Lisa have a blog?

Vince said...

Thanks Robin! I love the look of your page! I need to spruce mine up, so you'll need to show me how you did it. Does Lisa blog too?