Hill?! What hill? I don't see no stinking hill. That is my motto for today. Might as well embrace it, because I am not getting any younger...
40 years ago today, in Little Rock, Arkansas, I was born. My older sister, Pam, tells the story of my arrival like this: Pam was at a choir concert in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She badly wanted a little sister, and was so excited when our Granny called her and let her know she got her wish. Granny also told Pam that "There is no mistaking she is Bob Ritchie's daughter. She looks just like him." ;-) I guess I've been a Daddy's girl ever since...
I had lunch at Red Robin with Allen & my girls to celebrate my big day today. We all wore black, and I wore a necklace that said "Behold the Ageless Wonder" and a feather boa. Like I said, you can't change it, might as well embrace it.
As I reflect on the past 40 years, I am thankful for my life. I grew up in a loving family, and I married a wonderful man and started my own family. We have been blessed with two beautiful daughters. I thank God for my life, and know that I am often undeserving. I thank God for my family, my children, and my friends. I thank God for my church family - my extended family.
I know that God has a plan for me. A plan to prosper me and not to harm me, a plan for a hope and a future. I may not always understand the plan, but I hang on for the ride with complete faith in my Heavenly Father.




No comments:
Post a Comment