Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter & Bluebonnets...

Recently we celebrated Easter at our church, Stonebridge. The service was awesome. It took a lot of volunteers to pull it off, and it was amazing. We had over 2000 people come through StoneBridge that day. The worship was energetic and uplifting and Steve gave a great sermon. I love being a part of the StoneBridge family.

Along with my singing on praise team once a month, Allen & I also serve on the media team once month. Easter weekend it was our rotation. I run the power point with the lyrics for the praise team and Allen works back stage and runs the Pro Presenter that shows the lyrics for the congregation. I love being a part of the media team, or the "nerd herd" as I fondly refer to it. Here is a picture of my view of the stage from where I sit during a service.


Besides our usual worship team and praise band, we also had a group of the preschool kids come and lead us in worship for one song. The preschool kids often watch videos of worship songs with hand movements on Sunday mornings during Adventure Church. This is one of their favorites. I was unable to record it during the service, but I was able to record Kathryn and her friend Emily during rehearsal on Saturday. Sunday morning all the kids were so precious, but I was so proud of Kathryn & Emily getting up on stage to practice by themselves.

.
On Good Friday, we made one of our (almost) annual trips to Brenham to get pictures in the Bluebonnets. They were just at peak, and beautiful. While in Brenham we stopped at A Piece of Heaven for some Blue Bell ice cream.



There was also an "egg walk" around the town square with lots of painted eggs, kind of along the lines of the Cow Parade they had in Houston back 2001. We didn't see all of the eggs, but this was one of the girls favorite ones.



While driving the country roads surrounding the Brenham, Independence, and Chappel Hill area, the seas of blue were spectacular! Some of the best fields I've seen in years. We had a hard time finding the perfect spot to stop and take pictures though, because most of them were unacessable or on private property. While we were there we looked for, but never found, the perfect field where we took pictures in 2007. We did eventually find a great place to stop. It was also a very popular stop because there were a lot of other people there, too. We did get some great pictures that day, though.



One afternoon the week after Easter, I took the girls and the dogs out to get a few pictures here in The Woodlands before the bluebonnets were completely gone.



I also took some pictures of other wildflowers. Spring has definately arrived. What a great way to celebrate the Easter season. He is Risen! He is risen indeed!

No comments: