Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...




Today was not a typical Mother's Day for me. Allen & I served on media team at church this week. We had to be at church by 8:15, and since we are a house full of night owls, no breakfast in bed for me. But that's OK, I didn't mind.

After church, we decided to go on a quest for lunch, because afterall it was "MY" day. The girls said, "Where do you want to go Mommy? It's your choice." Of course the first place I suggested was met with "I don't like that place." So we stared driving to find a place for lunch. After passing crowded restaurants, and listening to the whining in the back seat, we stopped at a Wal-Mart and got McDonald's for the kids. Yes, folks, McD's.

I found myself being a little annoyed. Here it was, "MY" day, and my kids were getting their way. It made me want to throw a whiny fit too, but I realized I was being selfish. Really, today was not supposed to be about just me. It was about the blessing of being a mother. I had to remind myself that I have been blessed with two beautiful girls. Each one with their own special talents and gifts, and their own unique personalities. Yes, they can get on my last nerve some days, but then they turn around and say and do the sweetest things. I truly am blessed.

Well, after a quick snack at McD's for the kids, it was off in search of lunch again. We finally ended up at Gugliani's Italian Grill near Old Town Spring. We had never been there before, but it was really good. I had the Chicken Marsala. It was probably some of the best I had ever had.

My Mother's Day gift from Allen was also not typical. He bought matching PJ's for the girls and me.



After we got home, we put on our PJ's and did something totally girly. The girls set up "2 Girls Spa" in the kitchen. Kathryn "fixed" my hair and Rebecca painted my toenails. We sat there on the floor playing and being silly for at least an hour.



I had fun with my family today, especially my girls. But, I must also say thank you to my sweet husband. Without him, and God, I wouldn't be on this crazy ride called motherhood. Yea, so there was some whining and fussing today, and there were some bad attitudes, but it was a great day. Thank you God for blessing me with a wonderful family.

No comments: